CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Current Foundation Review (Nars & Maybelline)

Hi there:)


So on my other blog, someone requested that I do a review on my current foundation, so I decided I'd go ahead and put it on here for you guys as well.  Right now I use two different ones for different things... Nars Sheer Glow in Punjab and Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse in Natural Beige.


Current Foundation Review


NARS Sheer Glow - $42


Pros - Easy to apply and blend, wide color range, feels light on the face, stays put, looks great.
Cons - Dries kind of fast so you have to apply faster than some liquid foundations, and it’s pricey, have to use concealer for blemishes.


I LOVE, let me repeat, LOVE this foundation.  It feels light on my face and not at all cakey, even when I layer it.  It’s advertised as having a glowing, satin finish.  I wouldn’t say this makes you glow, though.  The coverage is light to medium and almost sheer.  It doesn’t have any shimmer, which for me, is great.  I use this foundation when I want lighter, more natural coverage.  It looks really natural and pretty and can be dressed up or down, depending on what eye/cheek/lip makeup you choose.  I wouldn’t use it without a primer and I do have to use a concealer with it when I have blemishes.  I also have to set it with powder on my forehead, otherwise its gets shiny after a few hours.  While it does dry fast, I apply with a stippling brush and buff it in, so I’ve never had any problems blending or applying it.  I think this is a great foundation for those with combo to dry (but not flaky) skin.  It doesn’t look good on flaky skin.


Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation - $8


Pros - Cheap, easy to apply and blend, moisturizing, great coverage, stays put, beautiful finish, doesn’t irritate sensitive skin.
Cons - Very small color range, bulky packaging.


I was really impressed with this foundation.  I didn’t expect much because I am usually disappointed with drugstore foundations.  This one, however, is wonderful.  I like to use it when I want more coverage or if my skin is feeling dry.  It has really good medium to full coverage all on it’s own without feeling cakey and it stays on all day when used with a primer.  It’s not a mousse.  It has a creamy consistency.  I don’t have to use a concealer with it.  It covers redness really well and moisturizes skin also.  I have combination skin with oily, normal, and dry areas, and it works beautifully for me.  My sister has extremely sensitive skin and this didn’t irritate it or break her out.  She loves it as well.  I’d still recommend setting it with a powder.  The color range is terrible but if you can find a shade to match you, I think you’ll love this one.


So that’s my review, I hope you enjoyed it.  If you’d like a video tutorial or have further questions, let me know in the comment section! :)


Love, 
Aylissa

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to see you post a video tutorial! It would help me see exactly how you apply it, both to blemishes and for overall coverage. Thanks, and a great review!!! I'll definitely be trying these products :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, no problem! I'll do my best to have it up later this week. I'm glad you liked the review. :)

    ReplyDelete